--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Two Years of Miracles!

I am behind on making Jayson's birthday post, and really it's because I knew I would get very emotional.  Every momma has a hard time letting her baby grow up.  I feel those emotions too.  But mostly I feel gratitude to the point of bringing me to tears.  There were many days in the past two years where I didn't dare to dream or hope that Jayson would see his second birthday.  I refused to buy clothes in the next size up because I feared he may not live to wear them.  But on December 15th, 2013 we met a huge milestone.  My baby turned two.  And not only did he turn two, but he spent his second birthday doing amazing things I also never dared to dream he would do.

Crawled all over the house causing trouble.
Pulled my lotions out of my bottom bathroom drawer.
Stood up, holding onto the baby gate, and watched an entire Christmas movie while standing.
Pulled up to all sorts of furniture, counters, walls, cupboards, you name it.
Ate 3 ounces of food in one sitting.
Smiled and giggled as he wrestled with Dad.
Opened his presents with some help.
Ate a good portion of his birthday cupcake.
Drank an ounce of his rootbeer float.
Flipped page by page through his favorite books.
Walked at least a dozen steps in his walker.
Took a nap without needing oxygen.


We spent his birthday relaxing and enjoying each other.  We did not want a big get-together or celebration.  There is a high risk of germs during the winter season, and we just wanted a calm, intimate gathering that allowed us to reflect on the past two years and spend time as a family.  In the evening my sister came over to bring J his presents and eat cake with us.  I found myself just observing J's every move, and soaking it all in.  I did not want such a beautiful, perfect day to end.

 Loving on his baby monkey he got from Grandma

 Jayson's favorite color is green
 Therefore he hugs and adores all of his green clothes.
 His adorable new sweater from Auntie Tessa and Uncle Kraig


 New snow sled!!








Although I enjoyed such a quiet and peaceful celebration of Jayson's two years of miracles and accomplishments, those who know me know that is really not my style.  We had a huge celebration in September {as we did last year}to celebrate Little J.  We invited friends and family when the risk of germs was low and while we could all celebrate outside.  It was wonderful to be in our new home and host such a fun party.

Naturally, the party was Superhero themed, since Little J is the bravest superhero I know.  We had music, games, crafts, cupcakes, capes and masks, and of course presents.  I love hosting these big parties whereas the give me an opportunity to exercise my creativity and create awesome memories.  It is in moments like these that I feel like we have a typical family who does typical things.  And the value of these memories?? Priceless.


Thank you to everyone {near and far, family and friends} for your support, love, thoughts, encouragement and prayers that helped us reach this huge milestone--- Two years of age. Two years of obstacles. Two years of triumph. Two years of accomplishments. Two years of miracles.  We are beyond blessed.










 Mask decorating table
 Gift table and J's book signing table
 Birthday banner
 Pin the mask on the superhero
 Capes
Masks































No comments:

Post a Comment