--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas Miracles


This Christmas will always stand out in my mind.  It has been a Christmas of miracles.  So many friends and strangers have reached out to us during this holiday season.  We've had dozens of goodies left on our porch, received hundreds of cards, were recipients of the 12 days of Christmas, and had special visits from friends and neighbors.  We received cash donations and gifts, and a more than generous gift of a high-class dinner and a gift certificate for a stay in Anniversary Inn.  So many people have reached out to our family in many ways to let us know they care and to try and make this a Christmas to remember.  This Christmas taught us something valuable... to strive to be better people.  Our lives are blessed by many good people, and we want to be more like them.  Thanks to all those who helped make this an unbelievable Christmas; a Christmas of miracles. 

Christmas time was strange this year.  I didn't let myself get excited until midnight Christmas eve.  I prepared myself emotionally, just in case we were to spend Christmas day in the hospital.  Well... we didn't.  But I couldn't help but think constantly of the many family who were spending this special day in the hospital, including some good friends of mine.

Christmas day was perfect.  Full of Christmas miracles.  Jayson was not in pain.  He was awake most of the day.  He was happy, curious and playful.  He loved the wrapping paper, Christmas tree, Christmas lights and his new toys.  He loved being around people, even if we were all wearing blue masks.  I tried to keep the spirit happy and light hearted, so I created rudolph and Santa masks.  I tried to stick to the family traditions the best I could, but things were clearly different.  But overall, it was a wonderful Christmas.  We ate, sang, played, napped, opened presents, laughed, cried, and loved.  And we made memories.  And to me, loving others and making memories is what Christmas is all about.




















Merry Christmas!  Love, The Wests






No comments:

Post a Comment