--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, December 29, 2012

First Haircut!

After we returned home from the hospital, Michael and I soon came to a very very sad realization... Jayson would need to have a portion of his head shaved for his surgery.  This almost broke our hearts as much as the news of the surgery!!!  We love our son's curly locks, and had no intention of cutting them any time soon.  However, I did not want Jayson's first haircut to be the shave in the hospital, nor did I like the idea of him having 6 inch long curls in the front, while the back of his head was shaved.  We decided it was time for a haircut!

I contacted my cute cousin who is a hairdresser and had her come over for Jayson's first haircut.  He did amazingly well!!!  He held so still, didn't fuss, and seemed to enjoy the attention.  I didn't cry as his curly locks fell to the floor, but I did have an anxiety attack later! haha  I collected some of his hair that fell to the floor and prayed I would still find my sweet boy to be handsome!  I really didn't want to have resentment towards his first haircut due to the surgery.  Sure enough, my little guy looks incredibly handsome with his new haircut!  Now, instead of seeing nothing but hair, you notice his amazing eyes and smile.  I absolutely love this little boy!

The BEFORE pic
 About to make the first snip!
 First cut!
 Cut some off, and there's still plenty more!!!
 The finished product
 So handsome! 
 Hairy bum!  Hair, hair everywhere!
 Jayson cuddling with his cousin Heather.
 Jayson with his cousin Heather, and cousin Alix
 Jayson with Derek
 Handsome man once his hair was did.

No comments:

Post a Comment